Zesty Potato Salad
A new, zippy version of the old favorite, this refreshing potato salad is sure to please! Horseradish gives it a delightfully different flavor. Try it for your next family gathering or picnic. —Aney Chatterton, Soda Springs, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 2 pounds red potatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool. Cut potatoes into cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, horseradish, parsley, pepper and remaining salt. Stir in the potatoes, eggs, bacon and onions. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 357 calories, 23g fat (6g saturated fat), 164mg cholesterol, 523mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Zesty Potato Salad in Taste of Home June/July 1993
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.