Creamy Banana Lettuce Salad
Nancye Thompson of Paducah, Kentucky dresses up salad greens with fruit, nuts and a yummy banana dressing.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 large firm banana, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 5 fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon salted peanuts, chopped
- Lightly toss banana slices with lemon juice. Place 1/4 cup in a small bowl; mash. Stir in the mayonnaise and sugar. In a salad bowl, combine the greens, strawberries and remaining banana slices; toss. Top with banana dressing; sprinkle with peanuts.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 124 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Banana Strawberry Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.