Lemon-Butter Red Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 10 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Cover and bring to a boil. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from the heat; stir in the remaining ingredients. Drain potatoes; top with lemon butter.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 270 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 508mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 31, 2014
Not bad, But the lemon flavor was a little to much.
Aug 8, 2011
I thought these were a bit too lemony. If I were to make them again I would reduce the amount of lemon juice. I personally would prefer just a hint of lemon instead of having it as the dominant flavor, as seemed to be the case here. I also didn't have any chives so I substituted 1 tbsp dried oregano for them. Very easy to make though!