Parsley New Potatoes
These fork-tender and flavorful potatoes make an easy yet elegant accompaniment to any main entree.—Suzanne Cleveland, Lyons, Georgia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds small red potatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cut a strip of peel from around the middle of each potato if desired; set aside. In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in broth and 3/4 cup parsley; bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with salt if desired, pepper and remaining parsley.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 116 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 393mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Parsley Potatoes in Taste of Home October/November 2002