Pressure Cooker Orange Spice Carrots
To get my son to eat veggies, I mix and match flavors and spices. My carrots with orange and cinnamon won him over. —Christina Addison, Blanchester, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 pounds medium carrots or baby carrots, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to low and set time for 3 minutes. When finished cooking, quick-release pressure according to manufacturer's directions.
- Select saute setting, and adjust for high heat; bring liquid to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into carrot mixture. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened, 1-2 minutes.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 187 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Orange Spice Carrots in Cook It Fast, Cook It Slow