Slow-Cooker Red Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 7 cups cubed uncooked red potatoes
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional: Paprika and minced chives
- Place the potatoes in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a blender, puree cottage cheese and sour cream until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the process cheese, onion, garlic and salt. Pour over potatoes and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir well before serving. Garnish with paprika and chives if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 179 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 342mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 22, 2011
These potatoes were good, but I had to cook them for a lot longer than 5-6 hours....it took eight hours before they were tender enough to eat. I'll make them again, but it seems like something else needs to be added to them - maybe a little butter and water, as they were pretty sticky and fairly dry by the time we ate them. Maybe par-boiling the potatoes before cooking them would help. They did stick to the slow cooker, even though I sprayed it with cooking spray before adding all the ingredients. The flavor was very good though, and basically I think it's a good recipe.
Mar 23, 2011
They were HORRIBLE tasting. I dont know what I am upset more. The fact I wasted all those ingredients or that it will take me 3 days to scrub my crockpot
Dec 22, 2010
I used baking potatoes, that was all I had, but it was so good.. I will make again often, ha ha..
Apr 5, 2010
The first time I made this I made a double batch for a food day at work thinking I could use the left overs to go with dinner. There wasn't any leftovers from my 12 coworkers.