Summer Fruit Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2-1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 2 cups fresh or frozen sliced peaches, thawed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 pint lime sherbet, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, tapioca and 1-1/2 cups water. Cook over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until thickened and clear.
- Remove from the heat; stir in orange juice concentrate and remaining water until the concentrate is thawed. Stir in the strawberries, peaches and oranges. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in bananas. Top each serving with a scoop of sherbet if desired.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 10, 2016
good with or without OJ.
May 3, 2012
I love this recipe. I have served this soup at many party and it has always been a great hit. I served it at wedding showers and holidays. Everyone wants this recipe. The only thing I did different is use corn starch instead of the tapioca.
Sep 15, 2008
Everyone I serve this to wants the recipe. I usually do not serve with the sherbet, but as a cool, refreshing summer soup.