Fresh Fruit Soup
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makes8-10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts)
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick (2 inches)
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 2 cups halved green grapes
- In a large saucepan, mix orange juice with water according to package directions. Remove 1/2 cup of juice; set aside. Add sugar, cinnamon stick and cloves to saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and reserved orange juice until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Pour into a large bowl; cover and chill. Just before serving, remove the spices and stir in fruit.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 238 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Jul 29, 2009
Thank you for this easy but elegant recipe for "Fresh Fruit Soup". I often give tea parties and serve this pretty chilled soup in a tea cup to my guests. They rant and rave over both the appearance and the flavor and always ask for the recipe. I give it five stars!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.