Cool Raspberry Soup
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup white wine, optional
- 1 cup cran-raspberry juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) raspberry yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a blender, puree raspberries, water and wine if desired. Transfer to a large saucepan; add the cran-raspberry juice, sugar, cinnamon and cloves. Bring just to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat; strain and allow to cool.
- Whisk in lemon juice and yogurt. Refrigerate. To serve, pour into small bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 207 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 33mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 12, 2018
Aug 26, 2013
I only gave this 4 stars because I didn't make the recipe as written. I had a frozen mixed berry blend (raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries) that I used instead of just raspberries. In place of the raspberry yogurt, I used a plain Greek yogurt, and a mixed berry juice blend instead of cran-raspberry; I also omitted the wine. I made the substitutions based on what I had on hand. Having said that, it was really good! I would choose to omit the cloves next time and only use cinnamon sticks because we felt it overpowered the fresh fruit flavor. I will surely keep this recipe for another hot day meal!
Feb 28, 2011
I have made this several times thoughout the years, and was surprised no reviews! Very refreshing and different. I have made it for luncheons with the ladies and/or showers I have hostessed at my house. Always a crowd pleaser and the recipe is requested often!