Summer Strawberry Shortcake Soup
When the sun is beating down in the summer and folks are longing for something cool and refreshing, this soup hits the spot. To serve with dinner as an appetizer, omit the shortcake. —Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, Texas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries, hulled
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup white grape juice
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup moscato wine or additional white grape juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 individual round sponge cakes
- Whipped cream
- Place strawberries in a blender; cover and process until pureed. Add juices and confectioners' sugar; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; whisk in wine and sour cream. Refrigerate, covered, until chilled, 1-2 hours. Stir.
- Serve with sponge cakes, whipped cream and additional strawberries.