Add a splash of color to the dinner table with this orange sorbet. The refreshing orange flavor of this frozen delight would be great as a dessert or a palate cleanser between courses. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 12 orange peel strips (1 to 3 inches)
- 3 cups orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur or vodka
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar, water and orange peel to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved; discard orange peel. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the orange juice, lemon juice, orange liqueur and reserved sugar mixture. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
To Make Ahead: This sorbet can be made two weeks before serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 123 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 29g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Originally published as Orange Sorbet in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.