A friend suggested I add a sprig of rosemary to lemonade. The herb makes the drink taste fresh and light, and it's a pretty garnish. —Dixie Graham, Rancho Cucamonga, California
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
Makes8 servings (1 cup each)
- 2 cups water
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1-1/4 cups fresh lemon juice
- 6 cups cold water
- Ice cubes
- Additional lemon slices and fresh rosemary sprigs, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil; add rosemary sprigs. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- Remove and discard rosemary. Stir in sugar and honey until dissolved. Transfer to a pitcher; refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Add lemon juice; stir in cold water. Serve over ice. If desired, top with additional lemon slices and rosemary sprigs.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 121 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Rosemary Lemonade in Breakfast & Brunch 2015 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.