Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing
- 2 medium lemons
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups chilled club soda
- 2 to 3 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- Additional sugar, optional
- Remove ends from lemons and discard. Remove lemon peel with a knife; set aside. Quarter lemons; squeeze juice into a bowl. Remove and discard white membrane.
- Place the peel and pulp in a blender; cover and process until coarsely chopped. Add peel mixture and sugar to lemon juice; mix well. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Stir in milk. Strain lemon mixture; add club soda and food coloring if desired. Serve immediately in sugar-rimmed glasses if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 186 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 30, 2011
So refreshing! You wouldn't think milk could taste good in lemonade, but it sure does. A little bit of work but totally worth it. I halve the lemons then squeeze, then cut up and process (easier than quartering first). Delicious!
May 26, 2011
Wonderful....I love the creaminess the milk gives it, and the little bit of bite from the club soda. I did notice that it did curdle a tiny bit after being stored in the refrigerator for awhile, but it was still delicious. Probably best to drink it all just after making it.
Jul 2, 2010
the milk give it a difference taste and you can't put your finger on it, but it taste really good with it.