Sunny Orange Lemonade
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
- 4-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 3/4 cup orange juice (about 3 oranges)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Ice cubes
- Lemon slices, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring 1-1/4 cups water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes; cool.
- Transfer to a pitcher; add lemon and orange juices and zests. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Stir in the remaining water. Serve over ice. Garnish with lemon if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 151 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 22, 2016
My family loves the lemon-orange combination. So refreshing on a hot day!
Aug 7, 2014
My boys really enjoyed this lemonade. They don't like the tang of regular lemonade so the orange helps mellow that out. The sweetness level was prefect for us but I can see where it might be too sweet for others.
Jul 17, 2014
Love the orange-lemon combination but way too sweet for me. Will try it again with half the amount of recommended sugar.
Jul 26, 2013
This was very refreshing.
May 13, 2013
The orange really rounds out the flavor - loved it!
Sep 16, 2011
Lemonade is one of my favorite drinks so I was anxious to try this and my family and I loved it! I did use Splenda instead of the sugar. Will make again!
Jul 31, 2011
Kathleen1935. You need to read the instructions again. Readers are asked "what they do to modify the recipe".I've gotten some good ideas from this.The recipe, of course should only be rated on the original as is recipe.
Jul 7, 2011
PERFECT SUMMER DRINK
Jul 6, 2011
Delicious! I like reading other peoples variations too.
Jul 6, 2011
I like to hear about the recipe presented and the variations some people add to it.