Strawberry Watermelon Lemonade
The nutrition department at my local hospital inspired me to create this refreshing summer sipper. I slightly tweaked their recipe to create this drink full of sweet-tart flavor. —Dawn Lowenstein, Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes12 servings (1 cup each)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered (about 2 cups)
- 12 cups cubed watermelon (about 1 medium)
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Ice cubes
- Dissolve sugar in boiling water. Place strawberries and watermelon in batches in a blender; cover and process until blended. Pour blended fruit though a fine mesh strainer; transfer to a large pitcher. Stir in lemonade concentrate, lemon juice and sugar water. Serve over ice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 119 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Strawberry Watermelon Lemonade in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016