Strawberry Lemonade Slush
"This refreshing fruity slush really perks up the taste buds," notes Sue Jorgensen, Rapid City, South Dakota. "I have made it for Christmas, Valentine's Day, summer potlucks and other occasions, and there is seldom any left."
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + freezing
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup thawed pink lemonade concentrate
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup ice cubes
- 1 cup club soda
- In a blender, combine the water, lemonade concentrate, strawberries and ice cubes. Cover and process until blended.
- Pour into a freezer container. Cover and freeze for at least 12 hours or up to 3 months.
- Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before serving. Stir in club soda. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 167 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 17mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Strawberry Lemonade Slush in Quick Cooking March/April 2003
Jun 10, 2013
This is a summertime family favorite. We skip the club soda and use sprite or ginger ale. :)
Jul 4, 2012
My family asks me to make this every "summer" get together. We omit the club soda, they like it better that way.