Blueberry Lime Slush
My husband's family makes a cranberry beverage for the holidays. I changed it up and serve it this way in winter and summer, when blueberries are in season. —Rebecca Bratsman, Tacoma, Washington
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 15 min. + freezing
Makes20 servings (1 cup each)
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen limeade concentrate
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 cups blueberry juice or blueberry juice cocktail
- 2 liters regular or diet lemon-lime soda, chilled
- Fresh or frozen blueberries, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and water; bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Cool 30 minutes.
- Stir juice concentrates and blueberry juice into syrup; divide mixture (about 2 cups each) among five 1-1/2-pint freezer containers. Freeze, covered, overnight or until firm.
- For each four-serving batch, place one portion frozen mixture into a blender; add 1-2/3 cups soda. Cover and process just until blended. Serve immediately. If desired, serve with blueberries.