—Ruth Seitz, Columbus Junction, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 package (3 ounces) berry blue or raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 can (46 ounces) pineapple juice
- 2 liters ginger ale
- 4-1/2 cups cold water
- 1 cup lemon juice
- Blue or red liquid food coloring, optional
- Fresh raspberries, blueberries and star fruit, optional
- In a large container, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in sugar until dissolved. Add the pineapple juice, ginger ale, water and lemon juice. Add food coloring if desired. Freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer 20 minutes before serving. Stir until mixture is slushy. Serve in a chilled glass. For garnish, thread fruit on wooden skewers if desired. Serve immediately
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 167 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Oct 16, 2009
i loved it!!!!!!
Aug 5, 2009
I used cherry jello instead of raspberry and it turned out great. I forgot the lemon juice but it still tasted fine. I recomend halfing the recipe unless you`re cooking for a big crowd.