Peach-Basil Lemonade Slush
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches (about 3 medium) or 1 pound frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- 1 package (3/4 ounce) fresh basil leaves or 20 large leaves
- 4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 5 to 8 cups ice cubes
- Peach slices and fresh basil leaves
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, peaches, basil and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 30 minutes. Discard basil; stir in lemon juice. Refrigerate until cooled completely.
- Process half of peach mixture and 2-1/2 cups ice in a blender until blended, adding more ice if desired. Repeat with remaining peach mixture and ice. Pour into chilled glasses; serve with peach slices and basil.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 152 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Oct 2, 2016
I bought a box of peaches from a high school fundraiser so decided to try this slush. So refreshing! Yum!
Jul 31, 2016
The peach-basil combo is fantastic! I love the slushy texture and added a little more lemon juice for personal preferences.
Jun 3, 2016
I was skeptical of the basil-peach flavor combo but we LOVED it. The mixture was a little sweet for our liking so I added a few more peaches and ice to it. Next time, we'll just reduce the sugar - we like things tangy! Great recipe!