Easy Citrus Slush
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
Makesabout 6 quarts (about 25 servings)
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) pineapple gelatin
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 envelope (0.23 ounce) unsweetened lemonade Kool-Aid mix
- 10 cups cold water
- 2 liters ginger ale, chilled
- Lime slices, optional
- In a large container, dissolve sugar and gelatins in boiling water. Stir in the pineapple juice concentrate, lemon juice, drink mix and cold water. If desired, divide among smaller containers. Cover and freeze, stirring several times.
- Remove from freezer at least 1 hour before serving. Stir until mixture becomes slushy. Just before serving, place 9 cups slush mixture in a punch bowl; stir in 1 liter ginger ale. Repeat with remaining slush and ginger ale. If desired, garnish with lime slices.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 157 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Oct 2, 2011
I made this for a baby shower I hosted and it was a hit!!
Apr 24, 2010
Everyone at the bridal shower RAVED about this punch. They said it was very refreshing and wasn't too sweet the way some punches are. It was a hit!
Jun 14, 2009
Everyone loved this punch however I wasn't able to find pineapple gelatin so used the tropical fusion flavor in place of it.