Luscious Lime Slush
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 9 cups water
- 4 individual green tea bags
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups lemon rum or rum
- 7 cups lemon-lime soda, chilled
- In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep for 3-5 minutes. Discard tea bags. Stir in the limeade concentrate, sugar and rum.
- Transfer to a 4-qt. freezer container; cool. Cover and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- To use frozen limeade mixture: Combine the limeade mixture and soda in a 4-qt. pitcher. Or for one serving, combine 1/2 cup limeade mixture and 1/4 cup soda in a glass. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 177 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Aug 15, 2012
Wonderful! Has anyone made this without the rum?
Jun 26, 2012
Yum-Me! My kids were sad I made this with the alcohol. Make it sometime without, just for the kids. :-)
Aug 19, 2011
I served this at a BBQ where people brought their own drinks. They didn't drink their drinks, they drank this! Everyone loved it!
May 11, 2011
This was a hit poolside with the girls! It is a little sweet but on a hot day next to the pool it is perfect! Will be making all summer!