Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
Makes21 servings (about 4 quarts slush mix)
- 4 green or black tea bags
- 9 cups water, divided
- 2 cups brandy
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- EACH SERVING:
- 1/4 cup lemon-lime soda, chilled
- Lime wedge, optional
- Place tea bags in a small bowl. Bring 2 cups water to a boil; pour over tea bags. Cover and steep for 5 minutes. Discard tea bags. Transfer tea to a large pitcher; stir in the brandy, lemonade concentrate, juice concentrate and remaining water. Pour into a 4-qt. freezer container. Freeze overnight or until set.
- For each serving, scoop 3/4 cup slush into a rocks glass. Pour lemon-lime soda into the glass; if desired, serve with lime wedge.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 129 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Apr 17, 2014
Try it with Blackberry Brandy sometime. It's pretty awesome, too!
Jul 18, 2013
I make this with rum instead of brandy and use 2 cans of citrus punch instead of the lemonade and orange juice. It is delicious. I keep some in the freezer all summer. Just add 7up or Spite and enjoy!
Jun 22, 2013
I can't wait for summer to make this- have used peach/ginger tea and it is also yummy- I do leave my tea steep for a while/had better flavor
Dec 11, 2011
Your recipe doesn't include the sugar. You need to divide the water - steep tea in 2 cups boiling water. The rest is mixed with 2 c. sugar until boiling and dissolved; then allowed to cool. Mix everything together and freeze. You can add more brandy - I use 3 cups; this will keep it a bit slushier & the edges won't get so hard like another reviewer said. Variations should include a sweet & a sour - hence the lemon & orange combo.
Aug 8, 2011
Love this! I have had a bottle of brandy sitting in the cabinet for a while now and was so excited to find this recipe. It was very good, perfect for summer. Sounds gross, but I also added a splash of citrus vodka with the soda and it was good also.
Jun 21, 2011
I started making this while in college in the 1970's but we used rum instead of brandy. Try it with Blueberrry Vodka.
Jun 8, 2011
I've been making this for a long time. I use cherry vodka instead of the brandy for a change.
Jun 6, 2011
Excellent recipe. I've been making it for years. It helps if every couple hours you stir the slush til it's frozen. Otherwise it's extra slushy in the center and hard on the outside.