Total TimePrep: 35 min. + standing
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 4 pounds apples, sliced
- 1 liter brandy
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- Additional whole cloves and cinnamon sticks
- Combine sugar and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- Place apples in a large glass or plastic container; add the sugar mixture, brandy, cloves and cinnamon stick. Cover and let stand at room temperature for at least two weeks, stirring once a week.
- Strain brandy mixture; discard apples and spices. Pour into glass bottles. Place an additional three cloves and one cinnamon stick in each bottle.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 ounce-weight: 123 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 19g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Nov 5, 2017
Just about to make my 3rd batch of this wonderful stuff.. i use the left over apples for xmas puddings and cake its wonderful, my mother who never drinks alcohol loves it too...
Dec 1, 2015
This was a hit! Makes for a sweet apple brandy flavor. Starting a second batch now.
Aug 27, 2013
Love it! Is there something that can be made from the apples? They smell so good it seems a shame to just throw them away.
Feb 8, 2013
would love to make this but there are a lot of brandys out there plus flavored ones what do you use
May 31, 2012
This is a nice D-I-Y Brandy recipe from tasteofhome. This one is really good tasting. The professional taste is there. Plus the sweet taste of the apple really compliments with the brandy. This is one of the good cocktail recipes I've seen so far all over the web.