At our holiday parties, Bourbon Slush is definitely a favorite. Have fun experimenting with different teas when you make it. We like black tea, green tea and orange spice. —Darcene Sigler, Louisville, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing
Makes24 servings (1 cup each)
- 7 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate
- 2 cups strong brewed tea, cooled
- 2 cups bourbon
- 3 liters lemon-lime soda, chilled
- In a Dutch oven, combine water and sugar; bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat.
- Stir in orange juice and lemonade concentrates, tea and bourbon. Transfer to freezer containers; freeze 12 hours or overnight.
- To serve, place about 1/2 cup bourbon mixture in each glass; top with 1/2 cup soda.
Originally published as Bourbon Slush in Simple & Delicious December/January 2014
Dec 31, 2014
I was looking for something different for new years eve and stumbled on this. Glad I did. Slush was pleasantly refreshing. I split recipe before adding bourbon so i could have non alcoholic version for kids. It worked out great.