Bagel Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min.
Makes15 servings (1-1/3 cups sauce)
- 4 large eggs
- 3-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 cinnamon-raisin bagels, cubed (about 10 cups)
- 1-1/3 cups raisins
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sugar, melted butter, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg until blended. Stir in cubed bagels and raisins. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove bread pudding from refrigerator; uncover and let stand while oven heats. Bake 40-45 minutes or until puffed, golden and a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- For sauce, mix milk and vinegar; let stand 5 minutes. In a small saucepan, combine remaining sauce ingredients; stir in milk mixture. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Serve with warm bread pudding.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 442 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Mar 10, 2017
I skipped the sauce and added chopped walnuts and blueberries and thought this was quite good. I didn't have six cinnamon raisin bagels so used what I had (no onion) and added extra cinnamon.
Dec 14, 2015
This is a really easy and simple bread pudding recipe. And super delicious. It's easy to make ahead and then take and bake so you serve it up nice and hot. Also, the leftovers reheat really well.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.