Cinnamon Bagel Bread Pudding
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 4 eggs
- 3-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cinnamon crunch bagels, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 10 cups)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk and vanilla. Gently stir in bagels. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; let stand for 15 minutes or until bagels are softened. Meanwhile, place butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan; cook and stir over medium-low heat until sugar is melted. Pour over baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until the top is puffed and center is almost set. Let stand for 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Apr 2, 2020
Just made this and it was delicious!! Only had a few modifications: used 5 bagels instead of 4 (thats how many I had to use up) but kept the liquid the same, and added 1 T cinnamon and 1 t nutmeg for the nice warm flavor. Once everything was in the baking dish we let it sit in the fridge for one hour to let the flavors mix before we put it in the oven. While it was cooking the whole house smelled like cinnamon! This was so good, we are going to make it all the time now, thanks!
Sep 15, 2017
Just made this today and it is very good! A great way to use bagels...will definitely make this again. Yum!