Cinnamon Bagel Bread Pudding
My son works at a bagel shop and always brings home leftover cinnamon bagels. We hate to waste food since we are a large family with five kids, so I came up with this incredible-tasting bread pudding that everyone loves. —Rebecca Moreland, Bristol, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 4 eggs
- 3-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cinnamon crunch bagels, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 10 cups)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk and vanilla. Gently stir in bagels. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; let stand for 15 minutes or until bagels are softened. Meanwhile, place butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan; cook and stir over medium-low heat until sugar is melted. Pour over baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until the top is puffed and center is almost set. Let stand for 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Originally published as Breakfast Cinnamon Bagel Bread Pudding with Brown Sugar sauce in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.