Apple-Nut Bread Pudding
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 8 slices cinnamon-raisin bread, cubed
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream
- Place bread cubes, apples and pecans in a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add the eggs, cream, apple juice and butter; mix well. Pour over bread mixture. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 440 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 2, 2017
3 STARS for oven baked version. Don't have a 3 quart slow cooker so I took a reviewer's suggestion and baked it in the oven. After 35 minutes at 350 degrees and covered it was still cold in the center. After an additional 20 minutes it was still soupy. An additional 15 minutes and it was hot throughout but too wet. My final result: after a total of 70 minutes in the oven the apples were crunchy and the bread was soggy. Perhaps the slow cooker is the essential ingredient in this recipe...or perhaps I am just not a bread pudding kind of person.
Aug 1, 2017
This recipe turned out great. I love the toasted pecans in this bread, and the use of cinnamon-raisin bread is wonderful! This is a delicious comfort food dessert that smells and tastes so good!
Dec 16, 2013
I made this in the oven as I was in a bind for time: 350* for 35 minutes (until it was bubbling), then I transported it in a crockpot to a family reunion. It was a huge hit and the best bread pudding I have ever had!
Sep 18, 2013
I miss the nutrient values and calories per serving in this new format.
Sep 17, 2013
I HAVEN'T MADE THIS YET BUT IT SOUNDS WONDERFUL. I LIKE TO READ THE REVIEWS OF OTHER PEOPLE TO SEE WHAT THEY THINK ABOUT A RECIPE.
Sep 16, 2013
would like nutritional information
Mar 19, 2012
3 to 4 hours was way too long a cook time on low in my crockpot. It was done in 2 1/2 hours. Even though I buttered my pot very well, a few raisins stuck to sides of the pot and began burning. I would make this again, but in the oven, not a crock pot.
Dec 11, 2011
Made it exactly as directed, it was delicious!!