Apple Honey Tapioca Pudding
I'm glad that apple season is long, since my family requests this pudding quite often!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples (cut in eighths)
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- Cream, ice cream or whipped cream
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and simmer just until apples are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer apples to a bowl. Add water and tapioca to pan. Cook and stir until thickened and clear. Pour over apples. Serve warm with cream or ice cream, or cold with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 257 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 256mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 2g fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Apple Honey Tapioca Pudding in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook