Apple Honey Tapioca Pudding
I'm glad that apple season is long, since my family requests this pudding quite often!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples (cut in eighths)
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- Cream, ice cream or whipped cream
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and simmer just until apples are tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer apples to a bowl. Add water and tapioca to pan. Cook and stir until thickened and clear. Pour over apples. Serve warm with cream or ice cream, or cold with whipped cream.