Baked Apple Pudding
People raise so many apples here in the Columbia Basin that everyone uses a lot of them in cooking. This moist, nutty apple pudding seasoned with cinnamon and nutmeg is a favorite at our house. —Margery Bryan, Moses Lake, Washington
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups grated peeled tart apples
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- In a bowl, beat together the butter, sugar and egg until blended. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon; gradually add to the sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in the apples, walnuts and vanilla until well combined.
- Spread mixture into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until pudding is lightly browned and springs back when lightly touched. Serve warm with frozen yogurt.