Slow-Cooker Doughnut Breakfast Bake
This extravagant dish will be the star of the brunch table. Try serving it with sausage, fresh berries and yogurt. —Rashanda Cobbins, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours + standing
- 24 cake doughnuts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream, fresh berries, optional
- Line inside of 5-qt. slow cooker with a double layer of heavy duty foil; spray insert and foil with cooking spray. Layer half the doughnut pieces in slow cooker; top with half the apples. Repeat with remaining doughnuts and apples. In large bowl, whisk together cream, eggs, and vanilla; pour over doughnut and apples. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over doughnut mixture.
- Cook, covered, on low until set, 4-5 hours. Remove insert. Let stand, uncovered, 20 minutes. If desired, serve with whipped cream and fresh berries.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 609 calories, 36g fat (17g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 547mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Doughnut Breakfast Bake in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2018