Slow-Cooker Doughnut Breakfast Bake
This extravagant dish will be the star of the brunch table. Try serving it with sausage, fresh berries and yogurt. —Rashanda Cobbins, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours + standing
- 24 cake doughnuts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream, fresh berries, optional
- Line inside of 5-qt. slow cooker with a double layer of heavy duty foil; spray insert and foil with cooking spray. Layer half the doughnut pieces in slow cooker; top with half the apples. Repeat with remaining doughnuts and apples. In large bowl, whisk together cream, eggs, and vanilla; pour over doughnut and apples. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over doughnut mixture.
- Cook, covered, on low until set, 4-5 hours. Remove insert. Let stand, uncovered, 20 minutes. If desired, serve with whipped cream and fresh berries.
Test Kitchen tips