Slow-Cooker Doughnut Breakfast Bake
This extravagant dish will be the star of the brunch table. Try serving it with sausage, fresh berries and yogurt. —Rashanda Cobbins, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 24 cake doughnuts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Optional: Whipped cream and fresh berries
- 1. Line inside of 5-qt. slow cooker with a double layer of heavy duty foil; spray insert and foil with cooking spray. Layer half the doughnut pieces in slow cooker; top with half the apples. Repeat with remaining doughnuts and apples. In large bowl, whisk together cream, eggs and vanilla; pour over doughnut pieces and apples. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over doughnut mixture.
- 2. Cook, covered, on low until set, 4-5 hours. Remove insert. Let stand, uncovered, 20 minutes. If desired, serve with whipped cream and fresh berries.
1 serving: 609 calories, 36g fat (17g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 547mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Oct 18, 2019This turned out to be very bland. I was very disappointed in this recipe and won't be making it again.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC