Slow Cooker Candied Nuts
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1-1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1-1/2 cups walnut halves
- 1 cup unblanched almonds
- In a greased 3-qt. slow cooker, mix butter, confectioners' sugar and spices. Add nuts; toss to coat. Cook, covered, on low 2-3 hours or until nuts are crisp, stirring once.
- Transfer nuts to waxed paper to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 327 calories, 31g fat (7g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Oct 20, 2017
I’d like to give it one star but that seems a little harsh. The nuts burned at the two hour mark and I had the slow cooker on low. I also stirrred it . I put them out on parchment paper and with so much butter, many of the nuts remained oily.
Aug 22, 2017
Can I use can of mixed nut ok
Nov 14, 2016
Just wondering if you could use a diabetic sugar to make these candied nuts
Dec 26, 2015
This was easily the best and simplest candied nut recipe I've tried. Plus it is SO customizable. I made the original recipe as is with great results. I loved it so much we decided to make a second batch, only this time I added just a touch of orange zest and juice to the spice mixture and it was just as great. This made wonderful Christmas gifts also.
Oct 29, 2015
Wonderful recipe...so easy. I only had almonds and cashews to use, but they "cooked" up just fine. I added a dash of cayenne & black pepper to the spice mix. I think next time I will cut back on the butter as a lot of it just stayed on the waxed paper when I cooled the nuts.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.