All-in-One Slow-Cooker Breakfast
Let your slow cooker do the work and don't worry about adding sides because this dish already has everything—hash browns, sausage, cheese and eggs. Just sip your coffee, cut up some fresh fruit and breakfast or brunch is served. —Debbie Glasscock, Conway, Arkansas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Optional: Salsa and additional sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook sausage, onion and green onions over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink and onions are tender, 6-8 minutes, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain. Transfer to a greased 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Stir in hash browns, cheese, soup and sour cream until blended.
- Cook, covered, on high 2-1/2 hours. With the back of a spoon, make 6 wells in potato mixture. Break an egg in each well. Sprinkle eggs with pepper. Cover and cook until egg whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard, 30-35 minutes longer. Sprinkle with parsley. If desired, serve with salsa and additional sour cream.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 654 calories, 44g fat (19g saturated fat), 276mg cholesterol, 1194mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Originally published as All In One Breakfast Bake in Simple & Delicious April/May 2019