Slow-Cooker Sausage & Waffle Bake
Here's an easy dish guaranteed to create excitement at the breakfast table! Nothing is missing from this sweet and savory combination. It's so wrong, it's right! —Courtney Lentz, Boston, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours + standing
- 2 pounds bulk spicy breakfast pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 package (12.3 ounces) frozen waffles, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional maple syrup
- Fold two 18-in.-long pieces of foil into two 18x4-in. strips. Line the sides around the perimeter of a 5-qt. slow cooker with foil strips; spray with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble sausage over medium heat; drain. Add sage and fennel.
- Place waffles in slow cooker; top with sausage. In a bowl, mix eggs, cream, syrup and seasonings. Pour over sausage and waffles. Top with cheese. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until set. Remove insert and let stand, uncovered, 15 minutes. Serve with additional maple syrup.