Raspberry Coconut French Toast Slow-Cooker Style
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 2-3/4 hours.
- 6 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups refrigerated sweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Whipped cream, fresh raspberries and toasted sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, coconut milk and vanilla until blended. Place half of the bread in a greased 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker; layer with half of the cream cheese, jam, coconut and egg mixture. Repeat layers. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Cook, covered, on low 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 hours or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream, raspberries and toasted coconut.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 cup (calculated without raspberries and toasted coconut): 280 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 338mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Feb 10, 2020
Lots of crock pot liners will eventually crack if you put them from the refrigerator the the crockpot heaating element.
Feb 9, 2020
Made for the grandkids over the weekend after a sleepover. I didn’t have coconut and did sub half
Sep 22, 2019
Made this for a brunch today and it was delicious! I substituted half and half for the coconut milk and blackberry spreadable fruit for the raspberry jam because those are what I had on hand. Would love to try it with the coconut milk sometime. I made a half recipe because I have a 3qt cooker. This recipe is definitely a keeper.
May 13, 2019
Sorry, we didn't like it. Threw most of it out.