Raspberry Coconut French Toast Slow Cooker Style
I put the ingredients in the slow cooker crock the night before, refrigerate it, then pop the crock into the slow cooker in the morning. You can use regular milk or half 'n' half, your favorite jam, and substitute almond extract for the vanilla. —Teri Rasey, Cadillac, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 2 hours 45 min.
- 6 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups refrigerated sweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Whipped cream, fresh raspberries and toasted sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, coconut milk and vanilla until blended. Place half of the bread in a greased 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker; layer with half of the cream cheese, jam, coconut and egg mixture. Repeat layers. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Cook, covered, on low 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 hours or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream, raspberries and toasted coconut.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 cup (calculated without raspberries and toasted coconut): 280 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 338mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Raspberry Coconut French Toast Slow Cooker Style in Simple & Delicious April/May 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.