Pressure Cooker Maple French Toast
My family and friends all love it when I make this delicious French toast in the morning. It's so delicious and easy! —Cindy Steffen, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + standing Cook: 20 min. + releasing
- 6 cups cubed bread (about 6 ounces)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup water
- Additional maple syrup
- Arrange half of the bread cubes in a greased 6- or 7-in. souffle or round baking dish (1-1/2-qt.). Top with cream cheese and remaining bread. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and syrup; pour over bread. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Pour water into a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Cover baking dish with foil; place on a trivet with handles; lower into pressure cooker. Lock lid; make sure vent is closed. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time to 20 minutes.
- When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release remaining pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Remove lid; carefully remove baking dish using handles. Serve with syrup.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 378 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 217mg cholesterol, 434mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Maple French Toast Bake in Cook It Fast
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.