Pressure Cooker Maple French Toast
My family and friends all love it when I make this delicious French toast in the morning. It's so delicious and easy! —Cindy Steffen, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + standing Cook: 20 min. + releasing
- 6 cups cubed bread (about 6 ounces)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup water
- Additional maple syrup
- Arrange half of the bread cubes in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with cream cheese and remaining bread. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and syrup; pour over bread. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Place trivet insert and water in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Cover baking dish with foil. Fold an 18x12-in. piece of foil lengthwise into thirds, making a sling. Use sling to lower dish into pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust pressure to high and set time to 20 minutes.
- When finished cooking, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure. Remove lid; using sling, carefully remove baking dish. Serve with syrup.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 378 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 217mg cholesterol, 434mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Maple French Toast Bake in Cook It Fast
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.