Pressure-Cooker Cinnamon Blueberry French Toast
Healthy and hearty! That's the best way to describe this satisfying breakfast. It's one dish worth jumping out of bed for. —Angela Lively, Conroe, Texas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + standing Cook: 20 min. + releasing
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups cubed French bread (about 6 ounces)
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Maple syrup
- Whisk together the first 6 ingredients. Arrange half the bread cubes in a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with half the blueberries and half the milk mixture. Repeat layers.
- Place trivet insert and 1 cup water in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Cover baking dish with foil. Fold an 18x12-in. piece of foil lengthwise into thirds, making a sling. Use the sling to lower the dish onto the trivet.
- Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 20 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure. Using foil sling, carefully remove baking dish. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve with syrup.