Raisin-Nut Bread Pudding
My husband and I are retired and our children are all grown, so this small-size dessert works perfectly for us. When my oldest son comes to eat, dinner wouldn't be complete if I didn't serve this bread pudding for dessert. -LaVerna Mjones, Moorhead, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup soft bread cubes
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Whipped cream and ground cinnamon
- Place bread cubes in a greased 20-oz. baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk egg and milk. Add brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; mix well. Pour over bread; sprinkle with raisins and nuts.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with whipped cream; sprinkle with cinnamon.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 432 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 308mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Raisin-Nut Bread Pudding in Reminisce November/December 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.