Raisin Bran Bread
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
Makes1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices)
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups raisin bran
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-1/4 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the raisins.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 115 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 144mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Feb 16, 2020
I have made this recipe 5 times, adjusting water and yeast, etc. It has fallen into a sunken valley each time. Time to look around for a recipe that actually works.
Jul 11, 2019
I am posting another review- as I used the dough to make 12 big and fluffy rolls- very nice!
Jul 11, 2012
This was so yummy! I didn't add raisins because my kids and I don't like them. I just used bran flakes instead of raisin bread. I also used half bread flour and half whole wheat flour. My 2 year old son is very picky and he enjoyed it!
Feb 13, 2011
This is the BEST Raisin Bread recipe I have ever found. I have changed it a bit because I live just above 5,000 feet. I make it every week. In fact I have a loaf in the machine right now. Here are my corrections for this altitude. 1-1/4 cup warm water, 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, 2 Tablespoons butter, softened, 1-1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon baking soda, 2 Tablespoons dry milk, 1-1/2 cups Raisin Bran, 3-1/4 cups + 1 Tablespoon bread flour, 1 Tablespoon gluten, optional, 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast, 2/3 cup raisins. Follow the directions for your bread machine and enjoy this great taste.
Jan 24, 2011
I didn't have raisin brand cereal, so I substituted it with a honey and oats cereal with almonds that I had. Over the years I have tried many different recipes.This is the best raisin bread I've made thus far. I brought some to work to share with a co-worker and she loved it!
Mar 23, 2010
The BEST raisin bread recipe I have ever made. Very moist, great flavor, and great texture - never lasts in our house!
Jan 1, 2010
This is my favorite bread machine recipe. Make it every chance I get. It is an excellent way to use the crumbs at the end of the cereal bag.