Raisin-Filled Pumpkin Spice Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
Makes2 loaves (16 slices each)
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add sugar, oil, eggs and buttermilk. Mix well. Stir in flavorings, pumpkin, raisins and pecans. Pour into two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until bread tests done. Let stand 10 minutes before removing from pans. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 225 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 24, 2017
This is a delicious pumpkin bread.I love to bake quick breads and this is one of my family's favorites.
Sep 8, 2013
This is my go-to pumpkin bread recipe. I have made this bread many times for holiday gift-giving. It freezes beautifully.
Nov 19, 2012
Yum! Great with whole wheat flour. So nice that the recipe makes 2 loaves. Great for gift-giving.~ Theresa
Dec 14, 2011
Nov 6, 2009
Absolutely delicious! I did increase the amount of cinnamon and nutmeg. Also melted butter instead of butter flavoring. Be sure to use Buttermilk! It makes the difference - sooo much better!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.