Raisin-Filled Pumpkin Spice Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
Makes2 loaves (16 slices each)
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add sugar, oil, eggs and buttermilk. Mix well. Stir in flavorings, pumpkin, raisins and pecans. Pour into two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until bread tests done. Let stand 10 minutes before removing from pans. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 225 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 24, 2017
This is a delicious pumpkin bread.I love to bake quick breads and this is one of my family's favorites.
Sep 8, 2013
This is my go-to pumpkin bread recipe. I have made this bread many times for holiday gift-giving. It freezes beautifully.
Nov 19, 2012
Yum! Great with whole wheat flour. So nice that the recipe makes 2 loaves. Great for gift-giving.~ Theresa
Dec 14, 2011
Nov 6, 2009
Absolutely delicious! I did increase the amount of cinnamon and nutmeg. Also melted butter instead of butter flavoring. Be sure to use Buttermilk! It makes the difference - sooo much better!