Gluten- and Dairy-Free Cinnamon Raisin Bread
After learning of gluten and dairy issues in our family, I knew I had to re-create our favorite sweet bread. This gluten-free bread can be made using a premixed gluten-free flour or your own homemade blend. We use coconut milk to make it dairy-free, but any type of milk works! —Courtney Stultz, Weir, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Dairy-free spreadable margarine, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk eggs, coconut milk, oil and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Toss the raisins with remaining flour; fold into batter.
- Transfer half of the batter to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar. Sprinkle half over batter. Repeat layers. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 45-50 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. If desired, serve with dairy-free margarine.
Keyword: gluten free bread MSV: 60,500
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 295 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 22, 2020
Which gluten free all purpose flour did you use? I find it really makes a difference. Gluten free raisin bread is so expensive, and I've been wanting to try making one. Thank you!