Gluten- and Dairy-Free Cinnamon Raisin Bread
After learning of gluten and dairy issues in our family, I knew I had to re-create our favorite sweet bread. This gluten-free bread can be made using a premixed gluten-free flour or your own homemade blend. We use coconut milk to make it dairy-free, but any type of milk works! —Courtney Stultz, Weir, Kansas
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Dairy-free spreadable margarine, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk eggs, coconut milk, oil and vanilla until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Toss the raisins with remaining flour; fold into batter.
- Transfer half of the batter to a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar. Sprinkle half over batter. Repeat layers. Cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 45-50 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. If desired, serve with dairy-free margarine.
Keyword: gluten free bread MSV: 60,500
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 295 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Gluten & Dairy Free Cinnamon Raisin Bread in Fast Track 2019