Pumpkin Swirl Bread
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 65 min. + cooling
Makes3 loaves (16 slices each)
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- OPTIONAL TOPPINGS:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- Additional chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour three 8x4-in. loaf pans. In a small bowl, beat filling ingredients until smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil and water until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, pie spice, soda, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, nutmeg and cloves; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture. Stir in walnuts, raisins and dates.
- Pour half of the batter into prepared pans, dividing evenly. Spoon filling over batter. Cover filling completely with remaining batter.
- Bake 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in bread portion comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Wrap in foil; refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, if desired, in a small bowl, mix confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and enough milk to reach a drizzling consistency. Drizzle over bread; sprinkle with walnuts.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 189 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 132mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 24, 2017
This was a huge hit for Thanksgiving !!!! Thank you absolutely great......This from now on,will be a must..... Not just for holidays
Sep 20, 2017
I'm going to make this looks yummy
Oct 25, 2016
Pretty good. Looking for Thanksgiving breads and pies to try on my family. This one comes close to what I'm seeking, but I don't have long to get it right. This is at the top of the list; very good in taste, moist, presentation and yummy
Oct 24, 2016
Yum! can't wait to try this!! This is another one of my favorite fall pumpkin recipes: http://www.thebestdessertrecipes.com/Recipes-for-Cookies/Unexpected-Caramel-Stuffed-Pumpkin-Cookies
Oct 23, 2016
This pumpkin swirl bread is very Moist and delicious . My family loved it.
Oct 6, 2016
Taste is very good, however I used the pans recommended plus another small pan and it overflowed onto the bottom of my oven. I will experiment with larger bread pans next time, or add two more small pans. The cream cheese layer is thick and moist. Loved the added dates, nuts, and raisons. I omitted the frosting as it is sweet enough without.
Aug 16, 2016
This recipe is superb. My family enjoys this year round but it is great for the holidays and my family always looks forward to it.
Nov 3, 2015
I have made this bread numerous times & leave out the cloves as they overpower the taste. I also leave out the dates and sometimes leave out the walnuts. I've never made the topping. If you love cream cheese, you will love this bread. It freezes great!
Sep 12, 2015
I make this recipe every thanksgiving and give them away to family members for Christmas, it's everyone's favorite. A wonderful, wondeful recipe. So decedent and creamy, great for a midnight treat or a morning sweet.
Jan 3, 2015
This was excellent. Everyone loved it and it freezes great.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.