Country Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
Makes1 loaf (12 slices)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, 1 cup sugar and egg until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to egg mixture alternately with buttermilk. In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Pour a third of the batter into a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan; sprinkle with a third of the cinnamon sugar. Repeat layers twice. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 212 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 23, 2019
My family liked this bread a lot. To me it seemed a little too dense and rubbery, although I didn't overmix it. I will try making it again since it has a high rating.
Nov 18, 2018
Wonderful recipe. So simple, uncomplicated, yet incredibly delicious and smells heavenly while baking.
Jul 19, 2017
Excellent recipe. Have been making it for years.
Jan 21, 2017
I was looking for a way to use some buttermilk that I had from another recipe and I decided to give this cinnamon bread a try. It was a hit with the kids and husband! I saved the recipe and we will definitely make it again. A nice treat for breakfast with some coffee or an afternoon snack. The cinnamon swirls are fun and it is quick to make.
Jun 12, 2014
Very good and easy to make a keeper
Nov 18, 2013
A wonderful bread...especially at the holidays!~ Theresa
Aug 7, 2013
Delicious! My grandchildren loved this bread!
Apr 27, 2013
I just made this recipe and it is almost gone! We all absolutely loved it! I do have to admit that this recipe tastes more like cake than bread. No complaints for this super easy recipe. I did not have buttermilk so I just used 1cup of milk, added 1TBS of vinegar and let it sour. Bread was really moist and flavorful. I will make it again tomorrow for our kids Sunday School class.
Mar 21, 2013
This bread is very moist and tasty. I have made it many times. It is nice to give as a gift too.
Nov 28, 2009
I have used this recipe and it's great! It reminds me of a bread and a coffee cake all in 1! When I bake this bread, I take it for our coffee time at our chapel on Sunday mornings! Thank you for sharing this recipe!