Cinnamon Apple Cider Monkey Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 5 envelopes (.74 ounce each) instant spiced cider mix
- 3 tubes (12.4 ounces each) refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cider mixes. Separate cinnamon rolls, setting aside icings; cut each roll into quarters. Add to cider mixture; toss to coat.
- Arrange a third of the dough pieces in a well-greased 10-in. fluted tube pan; top with half of the apples and half of the pecans. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining dough.
- Mix melted butter, cinnamon and icing from 1 container until blended. Drizzle over top of rolls. Bake until golden brown, 45-50 minutes. (If needed, cover top loosely with foil during last 5 minutes to prevent overbrowning.)
- Immediately invert monkey bread onto a serving plate; keep pan inverted 10 minutes, allowing bread to release. Remove pan. Meanwhile, microwave remaining icing, uncovered, until softened, about 10 seconds. Drizzle over monkey bread. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 329 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 553mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 1, 2019
This is a delicious, sweet treat for brunch or anytime. Heed the advice to let the bread rest for 10 minutes before removing the pan, or the bread will come apart. I found 40 minutes to be plenty of cook time, even then the last layer gets quite brown.
Oct 31, 2019
Delicious and tasty, especially when warm! Easy to make also!
Nov 21, 2017
Is the cider mix a drink or just spices?
Oct 16, 2017
This was quick and easy. All in all it was good but it needed more icing so I advice to you two icing cups instead of just one.
Sep 24, 2017
This sounds delicious and I'll look forward to making it when our Thanksgiving company arrives.