Cinnamon Apple Cider Monkey Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 5 envelopes (.74 ounce each) instant spiced cider mix
- 3 tubes (12.4 ounces each) refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cider mixes. Separate cinnamon rolls, setting aside icings; cut each roll into quarters. Add to cider mixture; toss to coat.
- Arrange a third of the dough pieces in a well-greased 10-in. fluted tube pan; top with half of the apples and half of the pecans. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining dough.
- Mix melted butter, cinnamon and icing from 1 container until blended. Drizzle over top of rolls. Bake until golden brown, 45-50 minutes. (If needed, cover top loosely with foil during last 5 minutes to prevent overbrowning.)
- Immediately invert monkey bread onto a serving plate; keep pan inverted 10 minutes, allowing bread to release. Remove pan. Meanwhile, microwave remaining icing, uncovered, until softened, about 10 seconds. Drizzle over monkey bread. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 329 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 553mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 21, 2017
Is the cider mix a drink or just spices?
Oct 16, 2017
This was quick and easy. All in all it was good but it needed more icing so I advice to you two icing cups instead of just one.
Sep 24, 2017
This sounds delicious and I'll look forward to making it when our Thanksgiving company arrives.