Bacon Monkey Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion, optional
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper, optional
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain. Combine bacon with cheese and, if desired, onion and green pepper. Cut biscuits into quarters; add to bacon mixture. Stir in butter and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 10-in. tube pan.
- Bake until browned, about 30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 214 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 557mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 26, 2017
I made this dish this morning, I did carmalize the onions (I did not have green onions on hand so I just used a small yellow onion) . I also saut?d the green peppers as well. I added a clove of garlic to the mix for some extra flavor. I swapped out the parm cheese for cheddar and also added a tablespoon of chives for good measure. I personally don't feel like you need the melted butter. This recipe a really good base for a savory breakfast. It turned out really colorful.
Nov 26, 2016
What's not to like, bread, cheese, bacon. Such a fun and tasty appetizer or serve with a soup and salad for lunch or dinner!