Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, optional
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tubes (10 ounces each) refrigerated biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine pudding mix, sugar, cinnamon and, if desired, pecans. Pour butter into a shallow bowl; quarter biscuits. Dip several pieces into butter; place in pudding mixture and toss to coat.
- Arrange in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Repeat until all biscuit pieces are coated. Bake until browned, 30-35 minutes. Cool 5-10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 223 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 343mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 16, 2019
I use frozen sweet roll loaves for monkey bread since none of my family likes the "chemical" taste of tube biscuits. I let the dough thaw for 20-30 minutes then slice and quarter the slices. This bread became a holiday tradition nearly 30 years ago and most Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, birthdays begin with scrambled eggs and monkey bread.
Dec 16, 2015
have a question-has anyone tried this w/chocolate pudding?????
Mar 5, 2012
I have a bread maker so I like to experiment with dough (so I didn't use the refrigerated biscuits) and it turned out great!! I will make this one again for sure!! :)
Jan 9, 2012
This monkey bread is fabulous and easy to make. I used a 10 inch bundt pan and it turned out great! When I make it again I won't wait the 30 minutes to flip. Most of the yummy stuff was left in the pan.
Mar 5, 2011
Oh good grief! This looks wonderful with the addition of pudding!!! Will definitely try this version of it!! :)
Nov 26, 2008
do you fix it the same way with frozen dinner rolls? Have to defrost and let raise first,I'm sure.
Nov 2, 2008
It is simple and easy...better than most Monkey Breads that i have tasted. Kids LOVE IT!!! How can you go wrong.