Pumpkin Banana Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
Makes5 mini loaves(6 slices each)
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas, pumpkin and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking power, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into five greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 114 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Oct 7, 2016
Really moist and tasty! I also added some spices (cinnamon and nutmeg). Doubled batch and made 2 dozen muffins and 2 loaves. Kids enjoyed as well (the real reviewers!) Would make again.
Apr 12, 2016
This was really good. I substituted mini chocolate chips for the nuts.
Mar 14, 2016
Jan 9, 2013
Best banana bread recipe ever!! I've tried probably 50 different ones too. So moist and delicious!!
Feb 26, 2012
I made this recipe with home-canned pumpkin which is not as thick. It turned out just fine. Very moist and very good. it's the first banana bread that my 4 year old has liked.
Jan 29, 2012
I made this recipe AS IS and brought it to our girls craft group..it was delicious, a huge hit and everyone love it!
Jan 28, 2012
When I saw the combination pumpkin and banana, I was delighted! I printed it out (without throughly reading it) to make the following day. As I was preping the ingredients, I noticed there were NO spices!!I went to my pumpkin bread recipe and added banana to it.The end!!
Jan 18, 2012
I noticed that many of the reviewers who rated this recipe quite high made significant modifications. As is the recipe is only "fair" due to unnecessary amounts of fat and sugar. Use the substitutions suggested here, and you can feel good about enjoying the same (better even) great end result!
Oct 13, 2011
I think it is very good other than it is really sweet i think there maybe a little too much sugar and some could be left out.
Sep 25, 2011
This bread was really good, but I made some changes. I replaced the shortening with 1/4 cup canola oil and 1/4 applesause and added 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg. Also cut the sugar to 1 1/4 cup - still pretty sweet; will use 1 cup sugar next time. Tastes like Fall!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.