Pumpkin Cranberry Bread Pudding
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
Makes8 servings (1-1/3 cups sauce)
- 8 slices cinnamon bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Place bread in a greased 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Combine the next eight ingredients; stir in cranberries. Pour over bread cubes. Cook, covered, on low until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 3-4 hours.
- For sauce, bring granulated sugar and water to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook until sugar is dissolved and mixture turns golden amber, about 20 minutes. Gradually stir in cream until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Serve warm with bread pudding. If desired, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to each serving.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 479 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 237mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Nov 3, 2017
LOVE this recipe! Cut in half for my smaller crockpot, and served with maple syrup (cuz I was too lazy to make the vanilla sauce - lol). I also just used white, homemade bread. Still...What a keeper!
Sep 10, 2014
I could eat ANYTHING pumpkin & be happy. This was so easy to make.
Oct 12, 2012
Oh wow! This was amazing! I made homemade bread (I didn't have cinnamon bread) and added one tsp cinnamon and a dash of vanilla. I have been craving a caramel pecan sauce, so I made that for the sauce. It was SO good! Thanks for sharing - this will definitely be one I will make over and over!
Mar 1, 2012
oops ... cooked almost 4 hours and was using cornwaring casserole dishes. Probably could have cooked at higher temp but did not want to burn! Keeps extremely well in refrig too...
Feb 22, 2012
Make-over ... I doubled the receipe and baked in a 9x13 casserole (made 2 for meals-on-wheels) baked at 325 for 2-1/2 hours.Since I could not find plain cinnamon bread I used Roman Meal and increased cinnamon to 1 tablespoon. Did not want any left-over pumpkin so used the entire 29oz can. Since I decided not to make sauce and had the half & half used 1 cup milk and 1 cup half & half.Used part dried cranberries and part fresh in one; and used all fresh in the other -- the all fresh was much better. If I used dry again I would definitely hydrate them before using.Will definitely use this again since it was well received -- even a couple of volumteers helping took some of the leftovers!!! Thanks for sharing & I will definitely try in the slow cooker when I don't need to serve 41 folks!
Oct 30, 2010
Very nice warming dessert. I left the cranberries out cuz I don't really care for them. Also I think it needs a bit more of a crunch so I think next time I'll add nuts.
Oct 27, 2010
I absolutely LOVED this bread pudding. It was very moist - very easy to make - and extremely flavorful. I keep sneaking the leftovers - and can't wait to make it again. This will be a Thanksgiving staple at our house!
Sep 21, 2010
This was easy and delicious! I loved the fact that you could put it in the slow cooker ahead of time and then forget about it! I cooked mine for 3.5 hours and one side did get a little burnt, so I would probably only do 3 hours next time. Our only problem was the sauce - it never turned amber, and eventually clumped up into wet sugar, so we used caramel ice cream topping instead. Will definitely be a go-to recipe for a fall dessert.
Sep 20, 2010
I'm always looking for bread pudding recipes and this one is definitely a winner. Easy to make and absolutely delicious.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.