Pumpkin Spiced Pudding
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- Additional pumpkin pie spice for garnish
- Gingersnaps, optional
- In a bowl, combine milk, 1/2 cup cream, pudding mix and pie spice; whisk until thickened and smooth, about 2 minutes. Stir in pumpkin. Spoon into dessert dishes.
- Whip the remaining cream until stiff peaks form; place a dollop on each serving of pudding. Sprinkle with pie spice. Serve with gingersnaps if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 249 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 273mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 12, 2010
I loved this dessert it was perfect after a heavy holiday meal. I used the entire 15 oz can of pumpkin so there was no waste and added an extra dash of the pumpkin pie spice and a tablespoon of powedered sugar.
Mar 11, 2010
I found this recipe while looking for something to do with leftover canned pumpkin. I agree with the other review, it was a little bland at first. I added 2T of brown sugar and 1t of vanilla. I also made sweetened whipped cream by adding 1 1/2T of powered sugar and 1/4t of vanilla to the whipping cream. We really enjoyed it. This recipe makes 4 pretty large servings.
Nov 26, 2009
After combining the ingredients listed, I added some brown sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon because it was a little bland. This is delicious, especially with ginger snaps. Keeper!