Cardamom Pumpkin Pudding Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- Vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add milk, pumpkin, butter and vanilla; mix until blended. Stir in pecans. Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking pan. For topping, combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Pour water over top (do not stir).
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and liquid is bubbling around the edges, 25-30 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 334 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 407mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 11, 2019
This recipe was very interesting! We loved the spice flavors and the soft, pudding like texture. I wasn't sure how it would turn out without any eggs and pouring the water over the batter to bake but it was delicious! Next time, I think I will cut back the baking soda a little but otherwise it was great!